Book Challenge by Erin 5.0 July, 2016
Book Challenge by Erin 5.0, has kicked off and I’m pretty keen to get stuck into it after smashing the last challenge. I definitely recommend checking it out and joining if you’re an avid reader or you want to stretch your reading goals. It’s great to meet other like minded readers as well as find books you may not have considered reading before. It’s a Facebook group dedicated to reading at least ten books in four months, and the next challenge looks to be brilliant. I got to choose one of the categories – a book published over 100 years ago – and some of the other categories look particularly challenging too!
- 5 points: Freebie. Read a book that is at least 200 pages.
The Broken Bridge by Philip Pullman
- 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “R”.
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- 10 points: Read a book with five words in the title.
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- 15 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) blue cover.
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- 20 points: Read a book with twins as characters
Hollow Earth by John Barrowman and Carole E. Barrowman
- 20 points: Read a book from the following list of books made into movies
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
- 25 points: Read a book set in a country you have always wanted to visit
The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo (this is my reread as it was a magical book and I still really want to visit Malaysia)
- 30 points: Read a historical fiction book
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- 30 points: Read a music related book. (i.e. a memoir from a musician, singer, band, roadie, producer, groupie, music journalist, etc. OR a fictional book with a lead character that is a musician, music teacher, etc.)
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- 35 points: Read a book originally published over 100 years ago.
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne